Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Swatching


Before the crisis, I swatched. I swatched a lot. On the left, Patons Classic Wool from JoAnn Fabric on size 7 needles. In the middle, Rowan Felted Tweed on size 3 needles and on the right, Elann Peruvian Pure Alpaca Fina on size 3 needles. I love the look of a simple stockinette swatch, and it's good practice to help keep me from rowing out (my gauge is looser when I purl than when I knit). The stitchmarkers are showing me what size needles I used with each swatch. This is a new method of keeping track and I like it -- at least so far. I've tried doing yarnovers to symbolize needle size and tying knots in the tail, but stitchmarkers are far easier.
Projects are already in the works for two of the three swatches, and I'm already impatient to be finished!

2 comments:

Opal said...

Don't you feel properly righteous after having properly swatched? :)

tiennieknits said...

Those are really pretty yarns.