This looks like it has a radius of about 6" -- for only about 2.5 hours of work, it's not bad! (I know, I know. This was the quick and easy part, where I still only have about 75 stitches on my needles....)
I mixed up the chart somewhere during the second repeat of the mesh lace pattern, and didn't find it until it was too late. I decided to cast off and use this as a second swatch -- to see how the Merino Oro blocks out. I do really like the pattern I decided on. I'm ready to cast-on again. This time I'll use a crochet-cotton lifeline after every repeat of the pattern, so I'll be able to continue. It worked out well with the print-o-the-wave stole, and I think it will work well.
The Railway Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks are my new commuting pattern. The calf decreases are really tricky, and I spent one day on the subway and in the post office looking up directions every other round. Now I'm on the leg part, and it's working really well. I'm using Lorna's Laces in Baltic Sea on size 0s.
And I finished one pomatomus. I must say, I really like the pattern, and the sock fits really well. Usually I cast on right away, but I'm not thrilled with the yarn I used, and I'm toying with the idea of ripping the whole thing out. I don't like the way the Cherry Tree Hill yarn pooled in this pattern.
I love everything about this pattern, including the way mistakes are easy to conceal in the 1x1 ribbing. The more I look at it, though, the more I think about ripping it out completely. If only I hadn't already kitchenered the toe!