Elizabeth Zimmerman's Bog Jacket from Knitting Around. Embellishments include waist shaping, shoulder shaping, phony side seams, short rows across the back, longer sleeves and sleeve shaping.
Yarn: Elann.com's Peruvian Wool, colors 2699 (Lot 129), 4145 (Lot 869),
Needles: #7 Addi Turbos, 80 cm
I've also made quite a bit of progress on my subway project -- the Latvian Socks from Nancy Bush's Folk Socks. I'm halfway done. Just tonight, I grafted the first toe together. These socks are great for the subway. The pattern was easy to memorize and it used a traditional heel-flap, so I didn't need to look them up. The only modification I made was to use my favorite toe, where I decrease on each needle toward the sides. I think this is the prettiest decrease. (I do admit, though, that I have not tried all the different toes yet. Only this one and the short-row toe, and I like this one the best!)
This sock obviously needs blocking, but that will happen as soon as I have a pair. Look at the gusset shaping!
Elann.com's Devon, 1 entire ball
Needles: #1 Clover Bamboo dpns
Gauge: ?? I cast-on and hoped that they would fit. They do!
And when I say 1 entire ball, I mean 1 WHOLE ball. I always have leftovers. Even when I knit Fetching with Knitpicks yarn, I had about 7 yards leftover. Look what I had left from the Devon:
The color in this last picture is accurate, too. It is a deep, rich red. The yarn is silky, too -- one I'll definitely be using again.
I also finished the Clapotis! I love the way this fabric drapes -- it has the warmth of wool, especially the halo that Rowan Tapestry gives, but drapes beautifully. I knit from both ends of the ball, which helped moderate the strong variegation. I really, really like the colors on the reverse-stockinette side. I would consider making this pattern again, but I would make sure to choose a yarn without so much of a halo. It was very difficult for me to drop the stitches with this yarn, as it sticks to itself like mohair.
Clapotis from Knitty.com
Yarn: Rowan Tapestry, 4 1/4 balls
Needles: #7 Addi Turbos
I'm also on the final stretch of the Print o'the Wave Stole. I've got the border completed on one of the short sides. After I finish, I have to weave my ends in and then block. Hopefully I'll finish this week.