Friday, January 11, 2008

Diversions....


So I finished knitting the Indigo Ripples skirt quite a while ago. If you noticed (probably not), it was on the sidebar. I finished the body a long time ago, and had to wait until I had access to a washing machine and a dryer to finish it. Since it is made out of denim yarn, you have to shrink it, and I added extra length so I could dry it in the dryer.


This all happened over the winter vacation, when I finally wove all the ends in and finished the i-cord drawstring. I love how it turned out -- it's a perfect fit, the fabric is dense enough to wear without a layer underneath (at least upon first washing) and it's just as long as I wanted it. Yippee for gauge calculations that were accurate! I was getting worried when the skirt looked like it could be tea-length....


The ruffle flips up when I walk, which I think is great. Normally I never would wear something so frilly, but I think it works just because it is a knit. And this is one garment that people won't suspect that I made myself! I'll have to experiment without the tights once the weather warms up. I'll be wearing this skirt a lot, I can tell!

2 comments:

Monika said...

This skirt looks fabulous!

Opal said...

That looks fantastic on you!