Friday, September 14, 2007

Wish List

I'm not feeling any of my current projects, really. I'm trekking away at them because they need to be finished, but my heart isn't with them. Don't get me wrong -- I love the Railway Socks and I think the lace will come together well. I'm even remembering why I bought the wool for My So-Called Scarf on an impulse. I just don't feel like knitting any of them. I don't think it's overkill from the veil, I just think nothing has been calling out to me. And I'm busy with school and a class I'm taking and life in general.

So I've been looking through my books for new patterns that are interesting. Here's my queue:
1. The Josephine Top from IK Summer '07 looks great, as does the
2. Notre Dame Pullover from the same issue.
3. The Brooklyn Cap from IK Summer '06 has been in the back of my mind since I saw it, and would make a great first felting project -- but can I use stash yarn for it?
4. Icarus from the same issue might be a nice venture for lace, as well.
5. Evelyn Clark's Flower Basket Shawl would be a good place to use up some of my laceweight stash -- and I do have a fair amount of it!

Or do I find some of my sock yarn and make another Baby Surprise Jacket? I could also hunt down one of my patterns for a baby hat and scarf combo, which would go by quickly. I just don't know what will get me out of this rut I'm feeling! I'm craving a quick-knit that I'll be able to wear instantly, but that will keep me on my toes a bit. Maybe I should take the Arucania Nature-Wool and make myself the cardigan I was imagining -- I can use a seed stitch pattern to mix up the variegation. Or should I ditch it all and start something new?

No comments: