Friday, March 30, 2007

Fastest Shawl Ever

Swallowtail is done!

And there's lots of other progress, too. I haven't had any long breaks this month, and have spent more time out at meetings or with friends than usual, but it's incredible what I've accomplished. Other people have noticed some of the things I've worn to school. Today I wore my Pi Shawl all day around my shoulders -- I'm coming down with a nasty cold and I tried the German scarf idea. It helped, and I got so many compliments from people who know I knit. It's always nice.

A few days ago one of my students had a cabled hoodie. I asked her if I could look at it, and someone else said, "Why would she want to look at the hood?" One of my boys said, "She's going to knit one of those. Watch." Of course that was the reason I wanted to look at it, because I'm thinking about the Central Park Hoodie that is moving along, too.

I'm playing around with a design idea. I think I learned a lot about triangular shawl construction from the Swallowtail. It's brewing.

No comments: