Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Little Behind the Times

I have some summer knitting that I'm finishing up this weekend -- just as the heat is about to turn on. It is part of the cotton kick I have been on, and let me tell you, I can't wait until I cast on for my next new project so I can use 100% wool.

The yarn for this is great, though -- it's Elann Sonata in a burnt orange color. It's a deep, rich color and it shows off the texture pattern very well.

This is the Josephine Top by Deborah Newton (in last summer's Interweave Knits). I'm not the only person knitting this pattern, or even in this color. I'm happy with the pattern and am now almost finished with it, except I have a problem: I might not have enough yarn. I'm carefully reorganizing the order in which I do the finishing steps (the neckline, the cap sleeves, the bottom edging) to make sure I have enough. Then all it will need is a good wash, and I may be able to wear it before the warm weather disappears completely. I also think that this pattern will look good as a layer, so it might get even more use before next summer.

So, soon this will be officially off the needles, and I will only have two things on the needles. But also 3 projects that are only half complete (Laila's Socks, Mom's mittens, and one more sock) so there are many unfinished ends. It's kind of hectic.

2 comments:

Opal said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in its entirety.

I truly envy your minimal amount of projects OTN. My WIPs have exploded exponentially. :-|

tiennieknits said...

Wow! That is such a pretty pattern!