Sunday, October 28, 2007

No knitting photos today....

I have been knitting. Quite a lot, actually. But you won't see any pictures of what I've been doing because the camera has run out of batteries and I don't seem to know where the charger is. So....

Although I haven't in about six months, I do enjoy sewing. Particularly when I'm at my mother's house and have access to her machine, which can do many more interesting things than my simple straight-stitcher. I've been too busy with knitting, and enjoying the kitchen table space too much recently to haul out the sewing machine, but I have found a way for sewing to interact with yarn.
I made this needle case over a year ago to organize my ever-growing supply of needles. It is currently living on the table that holds my "now knitting" instead of the shelves with my yarn and fabric and other crafty supplies.

I also did this to some yarn:


It might seem curious until you see a little bit more:


Let's just say that hand-quilting is not my favorite way to spend my time.

1 comment:

tiennieknits said...

Cute needle holder! The quilt is pretty too - I really do enjoy hand quilting.